Monday 18 April 2011

Paging doctor Shiloh.

Yesterday was the big day, Shiloh and Quinn turned three!  I can hardly believe it, my 'babies' are no more.  They are officially pre-schoolers. 
We just kept this years celebrations pretty low key.  With all of the illnesses that have been going around, I didn't think exposing them to other children would be the best of ideas.  Anyways, on April 29th we are going to be going to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls for their main birthday gift!  They have no idea that we are going (or even what it is), but I am excited for them!  My parents have decided to join in on the fun, so I don't think that I could have asked for a better birthday for my 'kids' (see, I refrained from calling them babies).

Although I said that their birthday was low key, that didn't mean that it wasn't great!  My parents gave Quinn (and Shiloh) the best thing that the boy could ever have dreamed for.  They gave him his own kitchen!  Now the little guy has a place to "I cook" of his very own ♥   For a while now he has been make believing that everything is a kitchen, and that every book he owns is a plate.  You can't  take the kid in to a home repair store without him bee lining to the kitchen display so that he can 'cook'.  He played with his new kitchen set for about 6 hours yesterday, and today he didn't even want his real breakfast that was made for him, he wanted to 'cook' one for himself.  Does it get any cuter than that?
Shiloh was thrilled with her new doll house and doctor kit that she received.  The little doctor even passed on bring her normal cabbage patch doll to bed in favor of bringing her new pink doctors kit.  She worked hard all day making sure that we were all healthy and had nothing in our ears.  She then made it her mission to do the same for the cat and dog.  Much to their disdain I'm sure.  (I'm a little worried that we might have developed a new fear of vets for Sunee the cat and our little dog Dakini).
All in all it was a wonderful day with some surprise visits from 3 out of 4 of their god parents.

Next year is four, and the next is the big five and the Magical Kingdom!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm so Quinn has the cooking gene! Yay Quinn! I started "for real" cooking when I was 13, and all suppers every day of the week were made by me. I still love cooking some xx years later! (No I'm not saying how many) Maybe he would like to cook with Gramma sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete