Monday 4 April 2011

Don't tell me you have a migraine!

I have to say, that is one of my biggest pet peeves.  It makes me so mad when people are just having a bad headache say they have a migraine.  I mean, any headache sucks, but if you are standing there talking to me at work, or say to me "oh my migraine is so bad I could barley watch TV, or play my video game".  Guess what, you don't have a migraine.  A really bad headache is NOT a migraine. 
OK, now that I have that of of my chest I will tell you about my migraines.  I have been diagnosed with A-typical basilar artery migraines.  I have seen 2 different neurologists,  and have had 3 CAT scans, and 2 MRI's.  On the last MRI that I had, they were able to pinpoint the start and what kind of migraine that I have.  For years my family doctor wasn't convinced that I was indeed suffering from migraines since I don't get any of the normal symptoms that a migraine sufferer would get.  I don't get the aura that people talk about, I'm not sensitive to light, and noise isn't all that bothersome for me.  What does happen is, I can't stand the smell of anything.  Even nice smells.  If my bedding it too clean and smells like soap it makes me sick during a migraine.  The right side of my face gos numb, and I look like I have suffered a stroke.  I can't walk straight, and I have a lot of trouble talking.  I can't seem to make any sense when I am trying to explain something.  I also have memory loss.  The doctors are at a loss of what to do.  They just want to drug me up.  I am not interested in that.  Every medication they have tried has not worked.

So what have I tried to get rid of them, or at the very least calm them down you might ask.
-chiropractor (2 different ones)
-massage (3 different types)
-acupuncture
-acupressure
-crainosacro therapy
-reflexology
-reiki
-therapeutic touch
-ear candling
-aroma therapy
-hair pulling
-sound therapy
-nerve blocking (they inject botox in to the nerves)
-made changes to my diet
-kept a weather journal
-smoked cigarettes

You name it, I've tried it.   So until you are driven to allowing someone to inject botox in to the back of you head, or had a "healer" spend over an hour pulling your hair.....you don't have a migraine.

That's all for today,
Shannon, headache bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment