Wednesday 23 March 2011

Is it time to celebrate?

Shiloh seems like she might be out of the woods.  I'm not holding my breath or anything, but she seems back to her normal happy self.

Now, I would like to rewind here for a minute.
A couple of weeks ago both Shiloh and Quinn had head and chest colds.  It was when Quinn started to complain of his ear hurting that I took them in to the doctor.  At our doctors office they often have  medical residents working with them, since it is a teaching facility.  I don't have a problem with seeing a resident since it is important for them to learn, and hey, this way you get two doctors checking on you.  So, the resident that day right away noted that Quinn had a double ear infection, and that was confirmed by out doctor when he had a look.  The resident also noted that Shiloh had one ear that looked very red.  When our doctor had a look, Shiloh went crazy and fought him off and I really don't think that he got a very good look.  He said that he thought that she was fine, and didn't write up a prescription for her.  Just Quinn.  Since then their colds have cleared up, but she has been super cranky and hard to be around.  Not like herself at all.  So fast forward to now, the poor girl has a double ear infection (found out at the hospital last night when we brought them in for other symptoms).  So what I am thinking is that the poor little monkey has has an ear infection this whole time!  My god, I feel so bad :(  Well they are both on antibiotics, and I hope that we get these ear infections and their bad case of gastro cleared up quickly.

Quinn seems better as far as the puking gos, but he had a gravol in his apple sauce this morning.  Poor thing has been sleeping for 4 hours now on the sofa.  I think the gravol his knocked the poop right out of him.  His little body has been through so much the past few days, I think letting him sleep away the day might just be the best thing for him.
Wish us well and check back soon.
Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment