Tuesday 22 March 2011

I hate vomit.

The past 2 days have been hell.  I mean hell!  There is a bug in my house, and it has taken my poor babies hostage.  It started at 2am Monday, and is still going on strong now which is noon on Tuesday.  We hunkered down all day yesterday when it was just vomit and...well you know.  But when they started getting a fever last night at about 8pm, off to the hospital we went.  We got there and signed in.  Before the triage nurse could see us Shiloh puked all_over_me.  OMG, it was so icky .  Once the triage nurse saw them, she rated them both a level 1 and we got right in to see the doctor.  (there was at least 50 other ppl ahead of us, but we jumped the line they were so sick)
Once back to the bed we were seem right away.  The nurse gave them both Tylenol up their tushies since they couldn't keep anything down.  The doctor then decided to get them to stop vomiting he would skip the graval and give them a medication they give to cancer patients when they get their chemotherapy treatments.  It worked so fast!  They then got to hang out and eat Pedialyte freezies and play with the nurses.  We were let go and came home with no puking babies :)  Now we are just dealing with the other end and what comes with that.  They both still have fevers today, and there is a lot of diaper changing going on.  Shiloh is having a nap on her little sofa in the living room, and Quinn is cuddled up to me as I type.

Oh, and just to gross you out a little, when I got home last night and took off my clothes, I had puke chunks in between my boobs.  Ah the joys of being a mommy.

Shannon (super mom and carpet scrubber)

No comments:

Post a Comment