Tuesday 22 March 2011

You oww me!

We ended up going back to the hospital tonight.  The ER doctor that we saw last night said that if things didn't clear up and the kids didn't seem to be on the mend by noon today that we should go back in to see him.  Today the kids seemed like they were "ok", and that they might be on the track back to health, but that all went down hill around dinner time.  Their fevers started to climb back up again, and Quinn started to vomit.  Again. 
We went back, and unfortunately the same triage nurse that worked last night wasn't on duty yet.  Don't get me wrong the nurse we saw was nice enough (and a twin mom to b/g twins herself) but she didn't have the same understanding and urgency that the night before nurse had.  She had us have a seat to wait.  Wait we did.  Quinn started to vomit, and the nurse thought that then would be the perfect time to try and give him some Tylenol.  Not so much, that just made him even more sick.  Did she do anything about it?  Oh, well she did bring him a towel.  Yeah, thanks.  It wasn't long after that that he passed out.  And when I say passed out, I mean the boy looked lifeless.  I lost my mind.  This is when the cool and calm, handling all of this so well momma, came undone.  My loud crying and a few choice words had us back and in to a bed within 5 minutes.  Don't mess with a momma and her babies!!  I will rip your face off if necessary.
So once in the back, the normal checking and probing began.  They had blood work done tonight, which they didn't last night.  (and can I say how proud of my babies I am?  The first time they have ever had blood work done, and they took it like champs!  The best part of it was when the nurse put the needle in Shiloh's arm, she looked up at the nurse and with a dirty look she said "you oww me".  Kinda like the 2 year old version of WTF?)
Verdict?  Quinn's white blood cell count was up, other than that blood work was clear.  Ok good.  However, both have double ear infections, and a bad-bad case of gastro.

These past 2 days have been hell.  Lets see what tomorrow has in store for the Wilde family.
Over and out from puke land.

No comments:

Post a Comment